Resurrection of Srini

Friday, January 27, 2006

Visit to a temple

Thursday, Jan 26: Bangalore.

Rajani and I decided to visit a Sai Baba temple near BG road, there is one at BTM which is close by. Started our drive towards the temple and found a road romeo blocking my way on his Yamaha, overtook this Yamaha and did not give him space to overtake me[I am proud of my red baby], enjoyed teasing this biker for a while and I continued, Rajani is used to all these, in the past I have done similar things with the BMTC rash drivers[literally stop them on the road]. We had a hour long wait in the Queue at the temple, since it was a thursday, there were a lot of Sai Baba devotees. Grew impatient again, started observingthe process flaws, the temple had a small entrance, which is also the exit, prasadam was distributed at the exit which became the bottle neck. I thought it was simple sense that needed to be applied, unfortunately common sense is pretty uncommon, we made our offerings when our turn came, this was the only time I had some peace of mind.The moment I got behind the wheels I was impatient again, yes! some crazy bikers, I opened up the window and screamed "get out of my way, you bald bastard".
Though my intention was to visit a temple and seek tranquility, I became a victim to the pathetic state of road rage.

3 Comments:

Blogger Srini said...

I think the entire Bangalore needs BBs and MBBs

7:55 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Everyone knows that Bangalore's infrastructure is crumbling and driving here is stressful.

In chennai, they vent their frustrations easily. Who hasnt heard the auto drivers shouting "veetila sollitu vanthiya?" In that way Surat is like heaven. No matter how bad things are, all one will get is a stare. And even after a close shave with accident, I have seen both parties smiling and giving way to each other.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Srini said...

" Saavu Girage " this one is pretty common too

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home